The Cisco 819 Integrated Services Router Family, designed in compact hardened and non-hardened form factors, is the smallest Cisco IOS Software router with support for integrated fourth-generation (4G LTE) wireless WAN (mobile broadband backhaul) and WLAN capabilities. The Cisco 819 ISR gateway provides a rapidly deployable, highly available, reliable, and secure solution designed specifically for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. Markets that benefit from these applications include industrial automation, transportation, financial, health care, utility, and retail. Fully integrated with Cisco IOS Software, the Cisco 819 family delivers, enterprise-class features, including highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across wired and wireless links.
• Security services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, VPN and Cisco ISR Web Security with ScanSafe which require no additional hardware or client software, This enables branch offices, manufacturing sites, hospitals, banks, and mobile fleets, for example to intelligently redirect web traffic to the cloud to enforce granular security and acceptable use policies over user web traffic. With this solution, you can deploy market-leading web security quickly and easily to protect branch office users from web-based threats, such as viruses, while saving bandwidth, money, and resources.
• Cisco WAN optimization system consists of WAAS Express (WE) routers and Wide-area Application Engines (WAEs) that work together to optimize TCP traffic in your network. When client and server applications attempt to communicate with each other, the network intercepts the traffic and acts on behalf of the client application and the destination server.
• Additional WAN options such as Serial and Gigabit Ethernet WAN interfaces and a 4-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet Managed switch for LAN connectivity. The Cisco 819 provides quality-of-service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications.
• Cisco Configuration Professional is a web-based configuration tool that simplifies setup and deployment. Centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control of the network configurations at remote sites.
• With enhanced data rates and improved latency (30 milliseconds or less), WWAN services are an ideal way to supplement traditional wireline services. The 4G LTE wireless WAN (WWAN) data services offered today have average data rates well in excess of ISDN speeds, with theoretical limits of 100 Mbps on the downlink and 50 Mbps on the uplink. The actual data speed depends on the service provider's network. With 4G LTE data rates, the Cisco 4G LTE WWAN Cisco 819 offers a primary WAN link solution capable of running comprehensive branch-office services, including voice and video services. The 4G LTE WWAN data services can also be used as a cost-effective alternative in areas where broadband services are either not available or very expensive. Cisco is building on these performance milestones and adding support for wireless to our wide variety of WAN interface alternatives.
Business Benefits and Application Examples
Businesses are looking for ways to reduce costs, increase revenue, and improve business continuity. The 4G LTE wireless connectivity, which is 10 to 15 times faster and has 5 times lower latency than 3G links, allows a small enterprise branch office or remote office to set up comprehensive media services in a matter of hours, without worrying about availability of broadband services and the need for laying down the lines. Wireless carriers offer flexible, usage-based data plans that can be catered to meet the needs and price points of the business customer. As WAN backup alternatives, 3G and 4G LTE wireless offer greater WAN diversity and resiliency because they are independent of the local terrestrial infrastructure. The Cisco 819 enables businesses to stay productive during service provider downtime or a network failure. Ability to Host
Networks in Motion
The Cisco 819 uses standards-based Mobile IP features in Cisco IOS Software to host networks in motion. Transition to different wireless networks is transparent to the users and devices (such as laptops, smart devices, and surveillance cameras), and applications maintain continuous connectivity without the user's manual intervention as WAN links change. In addition to allowing a single node or device to stay connected, the Cisco 819 allows an entire mobile network or subnet to stay connected.
Retail stores migrating from dialup connections for point-of-sale transactions can use the 4G LTE wireless WAN option on the Cisco 819 for low-cost broadband access with the required security to comply with payment-card-industry and other data security requirements. Multiple devices and applications can then be added to the store network to take advantage of the increased bandwidth and to enable secure mobility and enhance productivity. Managed Services
Service providers and value-added resellers can use the Cisco 819 as a platform to offer differentiated business-class security and wireless LAN (WLAN) services for small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers. Superior management capabilities such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) support with 3G MIB with 4G MIB extension and Cisco Configuration Professional make remote management and provisioning easier.